Recognizing that traditional methods of green waste disposal such as open burning or landfilling are both inefficient and environmentally unsound, the City of Oceanside partnered with Agri Service, Inc. in 1995 to develop an innovative public-private recycling program. This novel program set out to put incoming organic material to good use at fees below those of landfills. The result? Oceanside’s El Corazon Compost Facility, a landmark green waste compost facility authorized by the CalRecycle, a division of the California Department of Natural Resources.
At the El Corazon Compost Facility, we are dedicated to serving the environment from regional to individual levels by reducing landfill waste, creating beneficial soil amendments, and sharing the most up-to-date industry standards with our customers and the community.
Since its inception, the compost facility has processed over 1 million tons of green waste into high quality soil amendments, mulch and potting mixes. The facility’s success at matching incoming flow with outgoing sales of mulch and soil amendment products is renowned and ample evidence of how public-private partnerships can succeed at scale. Educational and community outreach programs as well as active industry involvement and job creation are further high points of the overall project.
The El Corazon Compost Facility is a vital resource for the area, recycling yard trimmings and other organics that would otherwise go in landfills. By processing these materials into high quality organic compost and mulches, our environment benefits and local soils become more fertile.
3210 Oceanside Boulevard
Oceanside, CA 92056
Voice: (760) 439-9920
7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. | Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. | Saturday
Truck loading stops 30 minutes before closing time
|MATERIAL||AMOUNT PER TON|
|Yard Trimmings and Clean Wood||$48.00|
|Chipped Brush and Wood||$25.00|
$10.00 minimum charge on all loads
- Yard trimmings consisting of branches, grass, leaves
- Clean unpainted wood with no metal contamination other than nails
- To qualify for chipped prices, chips must not be mixed with unground material.
- All items must be under 20 inches in diameter and less than 48 inches in length.
- Palm Fronds and trunks, Bamboo, Cactus and Yucca
- Stumps containing rocks or dirt
- Sod or dirt
- Wood with paint or stain, chemically treated wood
- Trash- including plastic, metal, glass and other contaminants
- Hazardous waste of any kind
- All loads must be covered.
- Littering of haul roads is prohibited.
- Entrance Road Speed limit is 15 miles per hour maximum.
- Facility Road Speed Limit is 5 miles per hour maximum.
- No Passing.
- Children under 16 must remain in vehicle.
- No pets.
- No smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Unloading may be done only after facility personnel have accepted the material.
Failure to observe the facility rules will result in loss of future tipping privileges. Our facility reserves the right to reject any load.
Here are some helpful tips to help make your visit to our facility an easy and positive experience.
- Truck Loading Hours: Monday- Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm and Saturday 8:00am – 3:30pm
- All loads must be covered.
- Please follow the 15 mph speed limit. This helps us increase safety and reduce dust.
- All sales are subject to 8.25% sales tax.
- Prices are subject to change.
- Our facility is closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Years Day
Fourth of July
Please call ahead or check our Facebook page for inclement weather closures.